After my first attempt of making Steamed Corn Cake Cups, I had decided to try again, this time with another recipe from http://www.misstamchiak.com/recipe-sweet-corn-cake/. The Corn Cups looks really good in her recipe. I had hoped mine is just as good.
This second version of Steamed Corn Cake Cups definitely taste better. Hmm.. I should try the creamy corn as used in the recipe. I had leftover corn kernels, so I just use it. And the recipe requires 2 eggs, but I realised I only left one in the fridge. OMG. Maybe that's why the Steamed Corn Cake Cups looks so... rough? Oops..
Makes 6 steam cakes
- 1 egg
- 70g sugar
- 100g corn
- 125g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 40g melted butter
- Whip eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in creamy corn, mix until well-blended.
- Fold in plain flour and baking powder, mix until well blended.
- Add in butter, mix until well-incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into greased and floured cupcake mould.
- Steam for 30 minutes.