Symmetry

The hubby had me decide on the lunch location, since I rejected his buffet idea. And after reviewing online for a cafe that is opened on a Monday (lots of nice cafes were closed on Monday), we finally found Symmetry. I like the food photos posted by previous customers. Check out Symmetry on Burpple: http://www.burpple.com/symmetry/reviews

Online reservations is available. Head to their website, http://symmetry.com.sg/, and click on the top right most button to reserve. However, the reserved time slot may not be given on time if there are just too many customers. We waited 25 minutes for our table to be available and ready. The place was already very crowded when we reached (10 minutes before our reserved timing, so in total we waited under the hot sun for 35 minutes) and there were many still waiting for their table.



They have this app by the door where you can get your queue number and take in your requirements, eg, table for how many pax, preferred seating location (indoors, outdoors or bar seats). Key in your mobile number and the system will alert you when the table is ready. I received an automated call when our table was ready. Cool.



I had already done my homework online by checking out their menu, but it was the brunch menu and not the lunch menu that we were given. So I have to rethink what to eat. And sadly the side that I wanted, Bacon & Cheese Rissoles, was not available.




Big Breakfast [S$24]
2 eggs of choice, maple-glazed bacon, smoked salmon, chicken cheese sausage, sauteed mushroom, mesclun, jam & toast
I had bits and pieces of the hubby's order. Love the harshbrown, even hubby likes it too (he's not a potato fan). The sausage is tasty though I did not taste any melted cheese in it (I did not realise that it's a cheese sausage until now). The hubby thinks overall it's tasty, and would come and try out other meals.


Pork Croissant [S$19]
pork belly, caramelized onions, hickory sauce, scrambled eggs, mustard
I love the taste of the pork croissant. I was a little skeptical about it initially (as I desired another main) but it is indeed delicious. I was unable to taste the croissant though, as the tasty fillings overwhelmed it. There are two slices of pork belly in it and they just melt in your mouth. The roasted tomato has a little sweet taste to it. Overall, the seasoning/sauce made my whole meal very delicious.


The little things in Symmetry.



The indoor seating is quite small, with a little less than 20 table groups and about 5 pairs of counter seats. Walking space is a little small too. But hey, we went on a public holiday, so I assume that's the reason for the overcrowding. Overall Symmetry is a cosy place to enjoy a cup of coffee with delicious food over with some friends.



Symmetry charges 7% GST and 10% service charge, and our bill came to a total of $50.70.

Definitely heading back here again to try out what is on the lunch menu, enjoy a cup of coffee and try the Bacon & Cheese Rissoles that I had missed out. But if the crowd was to be the same and the weather is just as horribly hot, maybe I would think twice and come back another day instead.


Symmetry
9 Jalan Kubor #01-01 S(199206)
http://symmetry.com.sg/
Opening Hours
Monday 1030 – 2100
Tuesday to Wednesday 1030 – 2300
Friday 1030 – 0000
Saturday 0900 – 0000
Sunday 0900 – 1900

No comments:

Post a Comment